The Manitoba Reading Association
"Preparing children for their literacy future is the most important work anyone can do."
The Manitoba Reading Association is a provincial council of the International Reading Association. MRA includes over 500 teachers, parents, students and others committed to the promotion of literacy and to the improvement of reading and writing instruction throughout Manitoba.
What We Do:
- Provide In-Service opportunities for educators, parents, students, etc.
- Network with other literacy organizations throughout the province.
- Evaluate current and future instructional practises in the areas of literacy.
- Hold one position on the selection committee for the Lieutenant Governor's Medal for Literacy.
- Support the International Reading Association (IRA) by publicizing its worldwide literacy activities and by promoting its extensive selection of publications and brochures.
- Sponsor an international literacy project annually .
If you are interested in getting involved in the Manitoba Reading Association we are looking for people to serve as members-at-large.