The online training program is the latest in a series of Provincial Government investments and initiatives around supporting school-aged children diagnosed on the autism spectrum including, but not limited to:
- The creation of six autism itinerant positions at regional school board offices;
- The provision of autism resource kits for each school in the province;
- The provision of student assistant services, where appropriate;
- The development of a Provincial Professional Development Plan, which has seen $1.2 million invested to date in special training for teachers and student assistants;
- The provision of assistive technology (e.g., iPads), where appropriate; and,
- The expansion of the home-based Applied Behavioral Analysis program for children with autism, to include those up to Grade 3.
The Provincial Government is committed to supporting important social programs, strong communities and the health and well-being of children, families and seniors.